IrelandMarch 24, 2023
We got a deal from Scott's Cheap Flights last year on a trip to Ireland and kept pushing it off. The time finally came, and wow - I regret waiting so long to visit!
In retrospect, Kerri and I had both been pushing ourselves a bit too hard, and really needed the break. Harder than putting our ducks in a row to leave work for 2 weeks, was to leave our dog - who was very happy to see us this weekend!
Despite the rain (most days were what locals called soft) we had a blast. Instead of pushing to get through an itinerary, we had a rough plan and went with the flow. This worked out well - there was a natural beauty to the country I think we would have missed if we were rushing.
We were able to see a lot even though we were taking it easy:
- Dropped by the TWA hotel at JFK for lunch
- Checked out the Rock of Cashel
- Kissed the Blarney Stone
- Walked the gardens of Ballymaloe Cookery School
- Caught Killarney's St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Hiked the Gap of Dunloe
- Took a boat ride across Lough Leane
- Dropped by the Cliffs of Moher, got soaked and didn't see anything 😅
- Toured the Kylemore Abbey castle and grounds
- Tried our hand at Falconry at the Ashford Castle
- Smelled flowers in the National Botanic Gardens
I brought my camera with - here's some shots from our adventures!